Monday, January 5, 2015

Elder Tyler Stone

Dear Familia,
 
I don't think it has fully sunk in that this week is my last full week of the mission. To be honest I don't know if I want it to sink in... Missions are amazing. I'm sure sometime this week it is going to hit hard. On a happier note, I am very excited to see all of y'all in a week!! One of the downsides of a mission is we are limited on who we get to hug. Basically Elders are the only ones who are allowed to be hugged by other Elders. It has lead to a lot of Elders getting hugged by me and I'm not sure how much they appreciate it so I'm looking forward to giving you all a big hug. (: 
 
This week was amazing! We had a super cool experience this week with our investigator Kim. We have been working with her for a long time and helping her get ready for baptism but she has been living in fear a lot for what her mom will think if she does it. This week we stopped by her house on Saturday night to make sure she was still good for church. After we left around midnight she texted us and told us that she had talked to her mom. We were super excited in the morning when we got that text and couldn't wait to ask her about it at church. Haha the story turned out to be pretty intense but from an outside view it was funny! The family was all gathered around Saturday night and the mom, Reyna, said that she was thinking about canceling a counseling session she had the next morning. Kim responded to her "I wouldn't cancel it. I think you are going to need this one." And then proceeded to tell her mom and the rest of the family that she had made the decision that she is GOING to get baptized. It was really cool because the rest of the family one by one told her that if that is what she had decided to do they would support her decision. (Even her dad which we were really shocked to hear!) The only down side is that her mom is really upset and she told Kim that she won't go to the baptism. Kim is a champ though and she's not letting it get to her. Her mom has tried many different ways including anti-Mormon material trying to get her to not join the church but Kim is positive and now she is just praying for the date that she should get baptized. Miracles are real people! They happen all the time! What was also super cool is that Kim's older sister even came with Kim to church the next day to support her. I think once Kim gets baptized slowly but surely the rest of the family will follow behind her. She is setting a great example for them. From what I hear St. George is only around 6 hours from here so when they get baptized it won't be too hard to find a way to make it to the baptisms. (: 
 
After reading all of your letters I'm feeling really nostalgic. I still have a few more days to make some memories that will probably last me a life time. For anyone that reads this that is debating on whether they should go on a mission, I promise you that it is very much worth the effort. Nothing you do in the 2 years that you could be on a mission will be quite as valuable as what you would be doing if you served. There is hardly anything that I think could bring as much happiness. It's hard, but it's worth it. I have a testimony of God's love for His children. He loves all of us. He wants us to be happy and has prepared a way to do it. All we have to do is trust Him. 
 
I love you all! I can't wait to see you! 1 week! (:
 
Love Elder Stone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment