Monday, December 29, 2014

Elder Tyler Stone

Dear Familia Mio,
It was so great to be able to talk to you guys!! I think talking with you really solidified the fact that my mission is rapidly coming to an end. I only have 2 short weeks before I am going to see you again! How crazy is that? I understand what people mean when they say it is just as hard to leave their mission as it was to come on it in the first place. Before my mission I would have thought that was crazy! I think the only way to actually fully understand it is to serve a mission and fall in love with the people you are serving. It's a bittersweet experience. I have felt some of the happiest moments of my life while I have been here but saying goodbye has and will be some of the hardest moments. I think one of the biggest lessons I have learned on my mission is to trust in Heavenly Father. He knows us and what we need in order to be the people that He wants us to be. We had a district meeting this Thursday where we focused on hope verses discouragement and how faith and work are the things that can help us overcome discouragement and  have more hope. It was one of the most spiritual district meetings I have had on my mission! I'm so thankful for the Holy Ghost and for the power that it gives to us to comfort us and enable us to be the people we want to be. We learned a lot about that this week and I have felt the power as we have gone out and worked! Now that we are back to a normal schedule I'm excited to go and finish my mission strong! I will talk to you all next week! I love you!
Love Elder Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment