Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Elder Kyson Spendlove

Week 2                                                                                                               June 23, 2015
Hey Family, It was so good to open my email this morning and receive so many emails. I have such a hard time reading them all in 1 hour. So this week has been so amazing and full of the spirit. Our investigators are our teachers and we have committed all of them to be baptized in the first lessons and all but one of them has said that they would be baptized. The feeling of speaking the Spanish language is still really weird, but I am loving the language a lot. Most of my days are so packed with study and lessons of the language and the BOM that I barely have time to think about anything else, and I love that. P-Days are full of laundry, emails, soccer, and pictures so we stay very busy. My companion is from Hawaii and played football. When he gets home from his mission he is going to be playing football at Utah State University. Hopefully we will see each other! He is the oldest in his family and was a video gamer, but he is such a hard worker and good example for me and everyone around him. I just found out the Ryan is going to Independence Missouri, and I am so happy for you Ry!!! Kelci and Ryan, there have been hard days for me already when I thought, man it would be so nice to go home. I promise if you find a way to turn outward like the Savior does and find someone to serve, like your companion, you will be okay and will gain such a testimony from the hard times. 
Sounds like Skyler needs some more lessons from me on how to keep your hands away from a moving prop, but I am so glad he is okay.
Ryan and Jaden, Thank you so much for always keeping my mom’s spirits up and being there for her. I look up to you two so much out here and love both of you so much. Every night I look at my family pictures and then I sit and look at the picture of us three from soccer and I am so glad I had your guys example in my life.
Dear Dad, Happy Father’s Day! Sorry my card did not make it to you in time. I could not get stamps until this morning so I sent it this morning with a few others letters inside of it. Thank you for your amazing example to me and for always teaching me to work hard. Sorry I could not call but please know I pray for you each and every day. Hope you have an amazing day.
I am loving the new culture and cannot believe I only have 4 weeks left here. It flies by so fast. 
The picture I sent last week from  the airport that has the 2 hermanas we talked to in it. The one by Elder Falk is the one I sat by and visited with on my flight from SLC to Mexico. 
Oh, also Elder Lakey and I got made Zone Leaders this week and we are in charge of 3 districts! It is a great experience to serve the lord. Cannot wait for more chances every day.
Thank you all for your support and prays. I love you all so much and can feel your prayers in my behalf.
yo se que la iglesia es verdad, y yo se que jesucristo es mi salvador. Estoy muy agradacido por mi beniciones. en el nombre de jesucristo, Amen.
Con Amor,
Elder Spendlove 

No comments:

Post a Comment