Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Elder Kyson Spendlove

My First Week in the CCM!                                   June 16, 2015 
Hello everyone, 
To start off I want to say how blessed I am to be a missionary of the Lord. I feel your prayers everyday through the love of my CCM family. 
So the plane flight was way different then I was expecting it to be but I loved it so much. Sorry to say, I did not read your letters on the flight because I had the awesome blessing of sitting by a older women who only spoke Spanish. I got to talk to her for 4 hours all the way to Mexico city. 
So for those of you who do not know. CCM stand for Centro capatación misioneros. or in other words MTC. So the CCM is very pretty and green. About8 pm every night it rains and it feels so amazing. Also, if you want to see a big city you need to look up videos of a flight over Mexico city. It is huge and super noisy for the fact we are in the middle of it all. At night time it is hard to sleep because of the noise of the traffic. But what an amazing experience.
My companions name is Elder Lakey. He lived in Hawaii and is huge! He is so much taller and built bigger than me, but I love him so much. Also, we get along so well. He does not have a lot of support from his parents by mail but he got a few emails today so he is doing good. He knows Spanish pretty well and has been helping me all along the way. 
In my district there is 4 elders and 2 sisters. They are like family already and I spend all my time with them so I love them. So far Me and Elder Lakey, along with Hermana Odell, one of the sisters in my district are the only ones going to Fort Worth Texas.
By the way mom and dad thank you so much for the package. My whole casa of elders had a shoe shining party today and loved the cookies and milk!
The most surprising thing that has happened so far is the fact that we have already taught an investigator named Jósue. We have taught him 3 times this week in complete spanish and both Elder Lakey and I bore our testimonies and asked if he would be baptized and he said yes!!! Please pray for him. I believe he has felt the spirit and wants so much more in his life.
The food here is so amazing and fattening, but I just try to watch what I eat. Also, Elder Lakey and I used to have to find places to sit so we could be by the Latinos, but now they all try to find us because we teach them english while they teach us spanish. 
I am sorry to all of you that have written me letters and I have not written back. The problem is I barely have time to think of sleeping or home. I am loving the letters tho, and I have letters coming home soon. I will not send a lot by mail because the stamps are 13 pesos a stamp and we only get 100 pesos a week for necessary supplies en la Tienda.
Same with E-mails. I just do not have a lot of time while in the CCM, but once I get out I will have a little more time. 
I am sorry for the shorter letter and for not sharing a lot, if you want to know anything else please email me and let me know. I love all of you so much and am praying for your safety. Please keep me and my companion in your prayers as we continue to study the hard but fun language of Spanish. Please remember how much our heavenly father loves you and always pray to him for strength in your hard times. Until next week...
Con Amar, 
Sincerely, 
Elder Spendlove
 Also, I forgot to mention. There is 46 missionaries in our Generation. ( what we say for our group that we flew out with.)
And I love wearing my name tag because not only does it have my name that I need to live up too, but it has the lords name that I get to live up to share with people all the time.
 Wow I keep forgetting, but I do have to tell you that I am known for my soccer skills by the latinos. Today we are going to play with them and all of them want me on there team. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment