Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sister Stone

Hey Family,
I know I just talked to mom on the phone yesterday but I think if I didn't send an email mom might get mad at me. So first off, the spirit is amazing here! I just read Tyler's email and since him and I were both at Elder Bednar's devotional, that saves time on what to say about that. Tyler sat in the row in front of me so we got to talk all about it afterward. The spirit was so strong there and Elder Bednar did an amazing job of helping us understand what it means to be converted and what it means to be converted and to have a testimony. Like he said, go look it up! its amazing!the second most amazing thing happened as well this week too. do you remember how I wrote you about the girl whose friend committed suicide? she wasnt a real investigator but it was so cool to teach her. Well on Saturday we had another TRC and it was a volunteer again. We didn't know until we got into the room that she was an ACTUAL investigator!! Here is her story. She was born here in the US, Texas actually, and then her family moved to Jerusalem for her and her siblings to grow up. I dont know why they moved there? but anyway, so after she graduated she decided to come to BYU for the program they have for the FBI. well, about 6 months ago she got a phone call saying that her family had been killed in a car crash! As she struggled to realize what was going on, one of her friends started talking about her religion, the LDS church. The only thing that she knew before this was that she couldn't get a second date with any of the guys who asked her out because she didn't belong to this religion. (NO ONE HAD EVER EVEN TRIED TO EXPLAIN THE GOSPEL! SO SAD!) anyway, so her friend works here at the MTC and just last week she decided that she needed something to help her get past the loss of her family. The spirit in the room was incredible when she was telling us this story! Me and sister Eldredge had planned on teaching her about the restoration, the first lesson, but like we have been taught, follow the spirit on this! we taught her about how our Heavenly Father loves her, He would love to hear from her and we taught her to pray. We also felt the need to teach her about Joseph Smith and the first vision and she just started crying thru all of it. not like a sad cry but she just kept wiping away tears. it was amazing! We committed her to reading the book of mormon and as we left she was so grateful for our message! after that, I went in the bathroom and cried for her! I wish that I was able to stick around and see what happens. thats the only bad part about leaving Monday :/ did president robinson call you about coming up friday? or is whitney able to? dearelder me and let me know what is going on with that so i can prepare myself. also, did you get Morgans birthday card? give luke and her a hug for me, I miss them so much! sister Christensen and I talk about our nannying jobs and how much we miss the kids. oh, and another thing that I noticed as I went to the doctors. for my ultra sound I had to go off campus, which was so weird, and as we were coming back, sister christensen and I both realized how the spirit wasn't fully with us at the drs like it is at the MTC. it was an awesome witness that we really do have it with us all the time if we recognize it!anyway, we are all having fun and learning so much! I am grateful to be here and I am loving it! i miss you and hope all is well. tell dad, kelci and jaden I have their letters in the mail. also tell shauni to tell kaylyn i wrote her but the letter came back?
love you, sister stone

No comments:

Post a Comment